Saturday, July 10, 2010

Live on Internet Radio + Touch the Gear Expo

I'll be performing live on the UB Radio Salon on DFM Radio Television International, Wednesday July 14, 4-6 pm US Pacific Time.

The UB Radio Salon is two hours of live improvised music/sound art. This week guest artists Rob Wortman and I will join hosts ninah pixie and das of Big City Orchestra to explore the theme WATER ON STONE. Although our focus is not Antarctica, I will be playing my Antarctic rocks and mixing in several of my unreleased Antarctic field recordings. Tune in: http://www.dfm.nu

Archives of past UB Radio Salons (including an Antarctic-themed show I did with Anka Draugelates on 2/18/09) can be found at: http://www.ubuibi.org/radio.html.

On Sunday July 18th the Outsound New Music Summit presents the Touch the Gear Expo, in which a wide range of San Francisco Bay Area musicians allow you to try out their unusual instruments and sound-making devices/set-ups. I'll be there with a selection of my natural-object instruments including several Antarctic instruments. Here is your chance to play penguin bones, limpet shells and stones from Antarctica, plus California pinecones, driftwood, bark and more.

Touch the Gear Expo
Sunday July 18, 2010 7-9 pm
San Francisco Community Music Center
544 Capp Street at 20th Street
San Francisco
FREE!

Reminder: My next concert of Antarctic music compositions will be Saturday July 31st at the Lab in San Francisco, as part of the Green Sound Festival.